Effective Date: May 20, 2021
When using our Site, you may voluntarily provide information about yourself, including your name, contact information, and any other information you choose to provide. For example, we collect this information when you join our email list, contact us, or interact with us for any other purpose.
We may use your information for any lawful purpose, including the following:
- To respond to your inquiries, including questions about submissions to “become a buddy;”
- To operate and improve our products and services;
- To operate, personalize, and improve the Site, including for analytics purposes;
- To send updates, promotions, and marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
- To comply with the law and to maintain the security of our Site; or
- With your consent, or as otherwise disclosed at the time information is collected.
We may share the information we collect with other parties, including the following:
- With any affiliates or joint venture partners that we may have in the future;
- As part of a corporate sale, merger, or acquisition, or other transfer of all or part of our assets, including as part of a bankruptcy proceeding;
- Pursuant to a subpoena, court order, governmental inquiry, or other legal process or as otherwise required by law, to protect our rights or the rights of third parties, or to protect the safety or security of any person or entity; or
- With your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing.
The Site may offer interactive features, such as the ability to leave reviews, that you can use to communicate with other Site visitors or to submit and post your own content. If you disclose information in one of these forums, this information can be viewed, collected, and used by others.
We may work with third parties that collect data about your use of the Site and other sites or apps over time for non-advertising purposes. Stoopid Buddy Stoodios uses Google Analytics to improve the performance of the Site and for analytics and marketing purposes. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses data when you use our Site, visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners, and to opt out of Google Analytics, visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Third-Party Links and Tools
The Site also includes integrated social media tools or “plug-ins,” such as social networking tools offered by third parties. If you use these tools to share personal information or you otherwise interact with these features on the Site, those companies may collect information about you and may use and share such information in accordance with your account settings, including by sharing such information with the general public.
Your interactions with third-party companies and your use of their features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide those features. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy policies of any accounts you create and use.
California Privacy Rights
This section contains disclosures required by the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and applies only to “personal information” that is subject to the CCPA.
Personal Information We Collect. In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information about California consumers:
- Personal and online identifiers (such as first and last name, email address, or unique online identifiers);
- Internet or other electronic network activity information (such as browsing history, search history, interactions with a website, email, application, or advertisement); and
- Other information about you that is linked to the personal information above.
We do not sell personal information about our business customers, former customers, or business prospects.
Categories of Sources. We collect personal information from the following categories of sources:
- Data analytics providers;
- Social media platforms;
Why We Collect, Use, and Share California Information. We use and disclose the personal information we collect for our commercial and business purposes. These commercial and business purposes include, without limitation:
- Our commercial purposes, including marketing.
- Our business purposes as identified in the CCPA, which include:
- Auditing related to our interactions with you;
- Legal compliance;
- Detecting and protecting against security incidents, fraud, and illegal activity;
- Performing services (for us or our service provider(s)) such as analytics;
- Internal research for technological improvement;
- Internal operations;
- Activities to maintain and improve our services; and
- Other one-time uses.
We disclose the categories of personal information designated above to the following category of third parties for business purposes:
- Data analytics providers.
Your Rights Regarding Personal Information. California residents have certain rights with respect to the personal information collected by businesses. If you are a California resident, you may exercise the following rights regarding your personal information, subject to certain exceptions and limitations:
- The right to know the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell about you; the categories of sources from which we collected personal information about you; our purposes for collecting or selling personal information about you; the categories of personal information about you that we have either sold or disclosed for a business purpose; and the categories of third parties with which we have shared personal information.
- The right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you.
- The right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA.
To exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the following information and submit the required verifying information, as further described below:
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- By phone at: 1-818-333-8600.
Verification Process and Required Information. Note that we may need to request additional information from you to verify your identity or understand the scope of your request, although you will not be required to create an account with us to submit a request or have it fulfilled. We will require you to provide, at a minimum, the email address that you previously submitted to us.
Authorized Agent. You may designate an authorized agent to make a CCPA request on your behalf, we may require you to provide the authorized agent written permission to do so and/or verify your own identity directly with us.
Minors’ Right to Opt In. We do not sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
To opt out of our email marketing, you can use the link provided at the bottom of each marketing message. If you opt out of our email marketing, we will still send you messages related to our relationship with you, such as responses to your application to “become a buddy.”
If our information practices change, we will post these changes on this page. We encourage you to visit this page periodically to learn of any updates.